Monday, August 5, 2013

Week 1&2: Isn't Everyone Trying to Lose Weight?

A couple weeks ago, my mom posted a Someecard on facebook that made me giggle.  Sometimes those cards are annoying always popping up in my feed, but other times I am rather entertained by them.  I found this one to be quite witty...

someecards.com - I wish I were as fat as I was the first time I thought I was fat.
Anyway.  You may have guessed, that I am on a weight-loss journey, ha... again.  It has 100% to do with the fact that I am really unhappy with my body.  When I am unhappy with my body this dissatisfaction bleeds into other parts of my life.  I want to be happy in my own skin.  It's been a while. 

Here are the details in case you are a detail oriented person like myself.  I started a weight loss challenge with my mom.  The first person to reach a 15 lb weight loss gets a pedicure paid for by the 2nd placer. I also have a challenge going on with a good friend of mine who also wants to get down to her pre-baby weight... even though she looks amazing now... she has health goals she wants to achieve.  Challenge aside, I just want us to lose the weight.  So far I am into week 2.  Here is a picture progression of how I am doing.
WEEK ONE: -4.2 lbs
WEEK TWO: -3.4 lbs
That's a loss of 7.6 lbs in 2 weeks.  I think that is a healthy and encouraging start.  Here is what I am doing:   I am eating as clean and healthy as possible.  I am working out to burn 400-500 calories a day.  I am keeping track of calories in and calories out, and I am sticking to the calorie plan provided to me on the Lose It app.
I had this huge long post prepared with numbers and dates and weights, but I realized that I sound freakishly obsessed with my weight.  I don't want this to be something that I am judged for as much as I want it to be something that actually gets me to achieve my weight goals.

PRIMARY WEIGHT LOSS GOALS.
ONE: 140 lbs which will be Pre-Pregnancy Brendan weight.
TWO: 133 lbs which will be Pre-Pregnancy Avery weight.
THREE: 122/21 lbs which will be Pre-Pregnancy Lindsey weight.

BONUS WEIGHT LOSS GOALS.
1. To reach 110 lbs which will be my marriage weight.
2. To reach 105 lbs which is my happiest and healthiest weight.  (keep in mind I am short... not even 5'1").

If anyone wants to join me I would love it.  Get on the Lose It app and the email address I use is martin.amyrenee@gmail.com add me!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! I look forward to more posts like this. You will do (are doing) so great and I'm proud of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle. :) I don't know how many people actually read this lackluster blog of mine anymore, but I like having a place to think out loud about this weight loss journey.

      Delete

I appreciate you taking the time to add your thoughts to this post!