Sunday, June 26, 2011

All in a Weekend

How eventful was my weekend?  Well.  Not very to be honest.  Not in a bad way, but just a non-eventful way.  What did I do this weekend?  I walked.  Stocked up on as many maternity clothes as my limited budget would allow. Splurged on probably our most exciting event this summer... Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 2 tickets MID NIGHT SHOW!  Watched fireworks shot off by the city of Ozark.  Hung out with Leez.  Hung out with Dave.  Met my mom in Branson to pick my son up, he spent the weekend with her.  Hung out with Tiffany. Oh, and MORE WALKING. ha.
One last thing I did this weekend was I watched a documentary called "The Business of Being Born" and I really liked it.  I started out with the attitude that I was going to hate it and disagree with everything, but I actually ended up thinking a lot of it actually made sense.  It has me really confirming some ideas and plans that I have in mind for this delivery.  I would blog more in depth about this, but I don't know if you all would be interested in a detailed blog post of my thoughts on this documentary... if you are interested then speak up... however, I do recommend that you all at least watch it.  The cool thing about documentaries is that you can watch them and still enjoy them even if you don't agree with them.  You may end up like me, thinking you won't agree, but find that you actually do.  It's on instant queue in Netflix if you do want to watch.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I loved that documentary! I don't think i've ever commented on your blog before, but I read and I would like to hear your opinions on it! -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for Harry Potter!
    I wish were were getting fireworks but it is just two dry and the danger of fires is too much!
    that documentary sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the same way about the documentary at first, but then I watched it a few weeks after Selah was born and LOVED it! I found myself shaking my head yes throughout that whole segment about hospital births ... they were so right about everything they discussed during that part. It was so interesting and made me think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that documentary. I, too, think everyone should watch it. Yay for Harry Potter tickets! I cannot wait for next week!!! You are so awesome with all your walking. That is all. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to add your thoughts to this post!