Monday, June 9, 2014

Classes Start Today

Shortly after I post this, I am going to be immersing myself in Statistics and Introduction to Professional Nursing.  I am so nervous about this summer semester.  I have a feeling I am going to be dreaming statistics. This has proven to be the most difficult math class for me so far.

This past weekend was a wonderful way to end my summer freedom, though.  I spent some time with my parents.  My daddy and I had another one of our meaningful chats.  I love talking with him.  We did family day with Dave's Army Reserve Unit, which is always an awkward day for me since I don't know anyone very well.  Then Dave, the kids, and I played cards... so much fun.  Last, I got to see my sister who I haven't seen in a while.  She has lived in Florida for the past 2 years and magically was able to move back in this area, so I hope I get to spend more time with her.  Our youngest daughters are only 1 week apart in age and so far, they like each other.  YAY!

I took a 4 mile run on the roads by my mom and dad's house... what a brutal run it was.  187 ft. gain.  This is a lot for someone who is just used to running primarily flat trails.  I won't lie, I probably only ran for 3 1/2 of the 4 miles.  I did get some pretty pictures from it though... Say what you will about it, Arkansas is really beautiful.



These are my running shoes that I got not long ago.  My hips would be in a tremendous amount of pain after a run, as well as my ankles.  These shoes have been very nice.  I don't know all the technical words runners use to describe what their shoes have, but they have a 0, 4, 8, and 12 mm offset heal to toe.  I tend to hit on the outside of my foot first, when I run, so these shoes are built to where they help offset that taking a lot of impact pressure off of my hips.  They really have been great.

Anyway.  Next weekend is another busy one.  We will be in Arkansas yet again, spending time with the family.  Then hopefully, my summer will get back to more of a routine rather than being so sporadic.

That's about all the dull boringness I can conjure up for this blog today.  Off I go to start torturing myself for the next 8 weeks.  Here's to an amazingly fantastic and successful go at Statistics.  Bring it.

Have a happy week you all.
Schmamey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to add your thoughts to this post!