Thursday, February 10, 2022

Funerals.

Titles are hard.  I don't know how to come up with them until I finish with my post.  I have been working a lot of bonus shifts lately, and this means I have some extra money to play with.  I let my son build me a very cool computer.  It's been fun to watch him do what he is good at while reaping the rewards of it.  We have hit a snag, though.  He doesn't understand why it is lagging at certain points, so hopefully we can get that figured out.  In the meantime, it is allowing me to blog more.  

Today, I went to the funeral of a friend.  She was a social worker on the unit I work on.  Her name was Hayley.  She was such a caring good person.  No matter what was going on in her life, your struggle was so much more important.  In 2020, she was diagnosed with a very advanced stage of cancer.  She passed last week.  She was always there to give me a hug, even though my problems were so much more diminished.  I will always be thankful that she was in my life.

I feel a heaviness every day.  I don't know why, but today, I felt it so strong.  I took a walk with my 15-year-old son, and I just unloaded it all to him.  He was able to understand everything I was feeling, and by the end of my walk... I felt better.  I am so thankful for him.  Thankful for my kids.  They are such beautiful, wonderful human beings.  

Here is to better days.

I hope to lighten up soon.

2 comments:

I appreciate you taking the time to add your thoughts to this post!